Currently we are seeking a Senior Engineering Director, in retirement, to manage a team of 6/7 members in a flat organization model and achieve the milestone of engineering process across the GEMELLI programs portfolio.
The candidate will fulfill the duties of the Airworthiness Manager working closely with Production Manager, Product Support Manager and Quality Director.
- Provide leadership to the Software/Hardware Engineering team to achieve certification of products.
- Manage ongoing projects while coach and develop team members in their professional career.
- Ability to determine, define and design the system and subsystems approaches to meet project and program design goals, requirements and schedules.
- Review Customer proposals and internal Technical Specification in depth and work with the team to drive toward cost effective solutions.
- Influence and communicate cross-functionally with all levels of management, while having exceptional verbal and written communications skills.
- Evaluate airworthiness prescriptions for assuring the continuous Airworthiness of the part.
- Possess strong problem-solving skills, the ability to think analytically and solid oral and written communication skills.
- 15+ years software/hardware development and management experience.
- Prefer candidates that have done development, 7-10 years.
- Masters degree in computer science.
- Understand software development methodologies, especially good knowledge around agile processes and tools.
- Should be technically oriented and be able to understand complex SW/FW and the issues.
- Deep knowledge of the typical aeronautical subjects applicable to avionics.
- Knowledge of EASA regulations and prescriptions issued for air navigation, ENAC Technical Regulation, of PART 21A and PART145 and of all other Aeronautical Standards and Regulations in them recalled, when applicable to the design activities.
- Knowledge of the quality control methods.
Job Category: Engineering
Full/Part Time: Part Time
Job Type: Experienced
Regular/Temporary: Temporary 2/3 years
Posting Date: Jul 22, 2015